Tuesday 22 October 2013

Anatomy of Nature

My new project is well under way, I have started development, my research has took my work in many directions, but I have covered things such as the similarities between nature and the human body, through the look of plants and organs in the human body.


I have started some sampling and dyeing for my final developments. I have been dong some natural dyes using everyday vegetables such as beetroot, pomegranates and onion skins. I also used some more rare herbs and such as Ladies Bedstraw and Golden Rod. I have found most of the samples have been quite successful. I want to try and dye with animals blood from the butchers as this is more of a human body relation. I have started some prototypes of designs which I have enjoyed, As I have started embroidering again which I haven't done for a long time. I will post up photos when I have them. But this is just one I completed over the summer. What does it look like to you? Its based around tree bark.

No comments:

Post a Comment