Tuesday 21 January 2014

Research Day!

I have had a very productive research day today, I have visited the National Glass Centre in Sunderland. I got to walk around the famous Goldsmiths Exhibitions of Spectacles, this was very interesting seeing all the famous Glasses that famous people had worn. The fashion history of it was interesting too learning about how when spectacles where very fashionable with crazy designs and shapes. There was also a lot of general glass history throughout the centre which was very detailed.
I went to an Glass Lathe Demonstration which was interesting I got to witness a radiometer being created from glass. A radiometer has small pieces inside that when they get touched by light they turn, this provides a quantative measurement of electromagnetic radiation intensity. I could not take pictures of the demonstration which was disappointing.
But I managed to take many other pictures throughout the centre which was beautifully built also.
After this I went to the arts centre in Washington, although this was small it had some great local art displayed. Very inspirational, I also bought a piece inspired by a local arts impression of a tree. (As we all know i'm obsessed with trees).
Overall great research day! bring on the next!
























1 comment:

  1. Your putting such a massive effort into your primary research, your project will be great especially after being influenced so much. Looking forward to seeing how your FMP goes! xx

    ReplyDelete